Interventions for children and adolescents with po...
Morina, N., Koerssen, R., & Pollet, T. V. (2016). Interventions for children and adolescents with posttraumatic stress disorder: A meta-analysis of comparative outcome studies. Clinical Psychology Review, 47, 41-54. Doi: 10.1016/j.cpr.2016.05.006.
The highlights from the article explain the content of the publication:
- a meta-analysis on randomized controlled trials for pediatric PTSD was conducted
- 39 psychological and two pharmacological interventions were included
- Psychotherapy can effectively reduce PTSD symptoms in children and adolescents
- Trauma-focused CBT is most researched and produces the largest effect sizes
- Lack of evidence for efficacy of psychopharmacotherapy for pediatric PTSD
The publisher has shared a link with us that provides free access to article until August 10, 2016.