EJPT Call for Papers – Special Issue: eHealt...
European Journal of Psychotraumatology
Submit your next open access paper to this special issue on 'eHealth applications in the field of traumatic stress'.
Special Issue: eHealth applications in the field of traumatic stress
eHealth applications such as web based and mobile apps (mHealth), online interventions, telepsychology, serious gaming, and virtual reality are emerging in the field of traumatic stress. eHealth applications may be used for prevention, screening, monitoring, diagnostics, (early) self-help, treatment, relapse prevention and maintenance care.
Despite the potential advantages and technological innovations, the empirical evidence for eHealth applications in the field of traumatic stress is still limited. Research is especially needed in the area of intervention development, clinical and cost effectiveness, and implementation in routine care settings.
This special issue seeks to present research and experience that can increase our understanding of eHealth applications in the context of trauma. These articles can inform various stakeholders from patients and professionals to researchers and policy makers about different elements of the cycle of development and feasibility, research into clinical validity and cost effectiveness, uptake and implementation, and innovation of various types of eHealth applications.
European Journal of Psychotraumatology (EJPT) and its guest editors invite original research papers (qualitative and quantitative), review articles, research articles, and clinical practice papers on the following or related topics:
- eHealth, mobile apps, internet, online, serious gaming, virtual and augmented reality and related applications in the field of traumatic stress;
- Screening and monitoring tools and diagnostic procedures;
- (Technical) development of eHealth tools and design methods;
- Efficacy, efficiency of eHealth interventions, stand alone or blended treatment and care;
- eHealth Interventions following large scale disasters;
- Education tools for professionals;
- Research versus demands on the market;
- Methodological alternative designs to test eHealth tools;
- Implementation of eHealth, quality assurance, certification, scalability;
- Cross cultural validity.
Why should you publish in EJPT?
Increased readership - EJPT is an open access journal so your article will be openly published online for anyone to find, read and share, immediately increasing the audience for your paper.
Greater public engagement - EJPT is published in association with European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, a non-commercial organisation which contributes to public policy at a European level.
Quality Stamp - EJPT is indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index with a 2016 Impact Factor of 3.278, giving your research a mark of quality.
Increased Visibility - EJPT is also indexed in a number of other databases, including the DOAJ, PubMed Central and SCOPUS, increasing the visibility of your research.
Greater Impact - EJPT allows you to retain the choice of how people can reuse your article by using a CC-BY publishing licence, allowing researchers to quickly build on your research.
As EJPT is an open access journal, authors need to pay an Article Processing Charge (APC). There is no submission fee. To find out more about the regular APC, please visit the Instructions for Authors page.
The submission deadline is January 15, 2018. A first round of reviews is expected at about 4 weeks after submission.
All enquires about this call for papers should be directed to Professor Miranda Olff or Professor Riper or Dr Bakker.
- Editor-in-Chief: Miranda Olff, Academic Medical Center at the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands(email@example.com)
- Guest Editor: Heleen Riper, Faculty of Behavioural and Movement Sciences, Section Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: Anne Bakker, Academic Medical Center at the University of Amsterdam, Department of Psychiatry, The Netherlands (email@example.com)